Saturday, April 20, 2013

OHSS thou art a heartless bitch

Because I am such an over achiever (27 eggs) I have been diagnosed with OHSS. I don't remember much in the blur of the first few days after M was born but I know I was moving around easier then I am now.

The following info was taken from the mayo clinic website

Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) usually occurs as a result of taking hormonal medications that stimulate the development of eggs in a woman's ovaries. These injectable fertility drugs may be prescribed to treat infertility. In ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, your ovaries become swollen and painful.

Symptoms (I've starred the ones I have)

Moderate OHSS

Mild to moderate abdominal pain that may come and go *
Abdominal bloating or increased girth *
Nausea *
Vomiting *
Diarrhea
Tenderness in the area of your ovaries *

Severe OHSS

Rapid weight gain, such as an increase of 5 to 10 pounds in one to two days, or weight gain of more than 10 pounds in three or more days
Severe abdominal pain *
Severe, persistent nausea and vomiting
Decreased urinary frequency
Dark urine
Shortness of breath
Tight or enlarged abdomen *

So pretty much I'm a worthless pile today which is why you got 3 posts!!!

The picture was taken yesterday. No I'm not even pregnant yet that is all fluid!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment